Community and fun happen when people feel safe together.
In the Society for Creative Anachronism, we strive for the highest degree of ethical conduct in our actions. We dedicate ourselves to honoring our rich traditions while developing equitable policies and procedures. This ensures that all those interested in pre-17th century global history can see the SCA as a space where they belong and are welcomed.
Our expectation is that all members and participants will conduct themselves in accordance with our Core Values and policies, which include (but are not limited to) the following:
- SCA Core Values
- from Corpora Introduction, p. 6
- Harassment and Bullying Policy
- Society Seneschal’s Handbook, p. 40, Section XIX
- Sexual Misconduct Policy
- Society Seneschal’s Handbook, p. 42, Section XX
- Hate Speech Statement (July 2018)
- Corpora p. 37, X.A.4
- Social Media Policy (April 2021)
- Service Animal Policy
- Society Seneschal’s Handbook, p. 39, Section XVII
- Rules of the List
- Corpora p. 36, IX.B
- also see the various martial handbooks
- Firearms Policy
- Society Seneschal’s Handbook, p. 43, Section XXI
- Grievance Procedures
- Corpora p. 38, Section X.B
- Information on how to resolve disputes on a personal or local level, and subsequent steps to take if help is required.
- Sanctions Procedures and Policies Manual (October 2020)
- The purpose of a sanction is to protect the SCA and participants by removing or limiting the participation of an individual who has violated the published rules and policies of the SCA, Kingdom law, or modern law. Behavior that places the SCA or another participant at substantial risk is also subject to sanction by the Kingdom or the Society.
The SCA is expressly welcoming to all people of any race, sex, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability. If you believe you have been discriminated against, sexually harassed, bullied, or subjected to hate speech, contact a seneschal, the President of the SCA, or your Kingdom’s Board Ombudsman.
For more information, please see the Governing Documents/Corpora, Seneschal’s Handbook, and our complete Library of Documents.