SCA Mission Statement:
The Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) is an international non-profit volunteer educational organization. The SCA is devoted to the research and re-creation of pre-17th century skills, arts, combat, culture, and employing knowledge of world history to enrich the lives of participants through events, demonstrations, and other educational presentations and activities.
In pursuing its mission, the SCA is committed to excellence in its programs, communications, and activities.
SCA Core Values:
- To act in accordance with the chivalric virtues of honor and service in all interactions with SCA members and participants;
- To be a responsible steward of SCA resources;
- To deal fairly with others, and value and respect the worth and dignity of all individuals,
- To practice inclusiveness and respect diversity;
- To promote a safe and respectful environment for all SCA members and participants;
- To act with transparency, fairness, integrity, and honesty;
- To maintain a harassment-free environment in SCA spaces; and,
- To avoid behavior that reflects adversely on the SCA or other SCA members and participants.