The Society Chatelaine is the officer responsible for training, advising, and coordinating public outreach, newcomer acquisition, acclimation and retention for the SCA. This officer is currently a deputy to the Society Seneschal.
- Coordinating and monitoring the efforts of kingdom chatelaines/hospitallers
- Developing and maintaining materials for recruitment, newcomer orientation and retention, and local officer training.
- Maintaining a knowledge base for SCA demos, as well as monitoring compliance with the SCA demo policy/guidelines document.
- Working closely with other Society-level officers to create, implement, and monitor Society-wide marketing efforts aimed at new member acquisition and member retention.
- Performing other duties assigned by the Board or Society Seneschal as directed.
Successful candidates for this position must have demonstrated leadership skills, problem-solving expertise, and experience with project management. A basic understanding of membership marketing principles and chapter development is strongly suggested.
Applicants should be able to travel to other Kingdoms as necessary and have easy access to phone, mail, and reliable email. An applicant must be a paid member of the Society and must be able to meet quarterly reporting deadlines in a timely manner.
This position presents the opportunity to help preserve the rich traditions of the Society and assure its future by assisting in recruiting and retaining newcomers. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to help introduce people to this game and will have long term, positive impact on thousands of participants across the world.
As the SCA is the largest historic recreation organization in the world, with a membership of over 30,000 across the globe, the successful candidate will be assuming a role which not only offers the opportunity to grow the SCA, but to obtain significant professional experience, despite it being an unpaid position.
The successful candidate will begin working with the outgoing Chatelaine in early 2022, in preparation for taking over the position in the summer of 2022.
Questions regarding the position may be directed to Anne Stevenson, Society Chatelaine, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Résumés, including SCA offices held and awards received, must be sent via email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com . Résumés must be received by November 15, 2021.
If you choose to send in comments, please use the subject “Society Chatelaine Position Feedback”