The Project Management Officer (PMO) supervises the activities of the SCA’s Project Management Office to ensure programs and projects approved by the Board of Directors meet organizational goals and requirements. This officer reports to the Society President.
The PMO is responsible for implementing and providing guidance related to PMO processes and policies, oversees the work of project management staff, and works with other corporate officers and leaders to define, prioritize, and develop projects and programs. The position relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Essential duties and responsibilities of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Development and maintenance of project management policies, procedures, and standards as they related to the Society.
- Consulting with the Officers and Board of Directors and reviewing project proposals to determine goals, time frame, funding limitations, and procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements, and allotment of Project Management Office resources.
- Ensuring that projects are in alignment with corporate goals.
- Providing centralized control, coordination, and reporting of scope, change, cost, risk, and quality across all projects.
- Education and leadership relating to the introduction of project management methodologies, and where applicable should provide training.
- Assignment of project managers and/or other resources to projects or programs approved by the Board of Directors.
- Analysis of project requests and working with stakeholders to deliver cost-effective project solutions.
- Establishment of standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Coordinating project activities within the Society, and when applicable with external partner staff, ensuring that goals and requirements are met.
- Preparation of project status reports and reporting to the Board of Directors, and others, of project statuses and related issues.
- Selection and management of the Society’s team of Project Managers.
- Continuous monitoring of active project statuses to ensure satisfactory completion.
- Identification and development of internal Staff and Officers with project management skills to act as project team members or team leaders in the future.
- Development of project plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources.
- Management of projects as assigned.
The ideal applicant will possess strong communication skills and the ability to process and distill large amounts of information. Organizational and problem-solving skills are essential, and good working knowledge of current SCA corporate documents and handbooks is a must.
The complete job description can be found here: https://www.sca.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/SCA-PMO-Job-Description2021.pdf
Applicants must have word processing skills and access to the internet and basic office equipment. The ability to travel four to eight times a year and participate in weekday evening conference calls is also required.
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, together with modern and SCA resumes, hard copy, to:
Society for Creative Anachronism
P.O. Box 360789
Milpitas, CA 95036-0789
and via email to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is June 7, 2021.
Questions regarding the position may be forwarded to John Fulton at firstname.lastname@example.org.