The Board of Directors is pleased to announce the appointment of Katie Gilroy (Lady Margery Heron) as Social Media Officer for SCA Inc.
Katie is a marketing manager in the non-profit sector who specializes in social media and digital marketing. She graduated from The University of Texas and loves watching their football team on the weekends. She also enjoys cosplaying and frequently volunteers as a costumed character to help bring joy to children in need. Katie lives in Texas with her dog, Briar, and can often be found catering to every whim of her very needy husky.
Lady Margery Heron was adopted by a passing knight, and now she and her dog travel the world with him, meeting new people and sharing stories. Margery loves heavy combat, and is particularly fond of spears. She lives in the Barony of the Steppes in Ansteorra where she spends her free time documenting and sharing the wonderful things that happen across the Kingdom.
Skilled in the use of social media strategy and tools, the Social Media Officer works to:
- Develop, create and distribute social media content across the SCA social media channels
- Develop social media strategy with the SCA Communications Officer and SCA President
- Update the SCA on the latest social media platforms and trends
- Moderate and coordinate SCA policies across official platforms with SCA social media team
- Regularly collaborate with Society Officers for Known World Events and social media announcements
- Create and gather exciting content from across the Known World to distribute on social media channels
- Work closely with all Kingdom Social Media Officers to ensure all our social media platform content follows the Society social media
- Develop, create and maintain new innovative improvements with the advancements of the internet and social media to the existing policies of the SCA social media as needed
This appointment is for an initial one year term.