Applications are now closed for this position.
Thank you to all who applied.
This position reports to the SCA Corporate Treasurer.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Compile the Society and its subsidiaries Domesday reports, grouped by state and kingdom, with depreciation breakout, and submission of these reports to the Corporate Treasurer and the SCA Tax Accountant;
- Maintain the Kingdom domesday report template spreadsheets and distribute them each year to the Kingdom Exchequers;
- Track NMS fees;
- Review quarterly reports on kingdom-level accounts;
- Review kingdom and inter-kingdom financial policies to make sure they are in compliance with the Society Financial Policy and to submit revised financial policies to the Board of Directors for approval;
- Review Inter-kingdom Event Financial Policies and submit to the Corporate Treasurer and the Board for approval;
- Report quarterly to the Corporate Treasurer and the Board of Directors and report the meeting results to the Kingdom Exchequers;
- Travel as required to support Kingdom Exchequers, including for training, book reviews, and theft investigations;
- Conduct supplemental training of Kingdom Exchequers and assist training of local exchequers;
- Conduct reviews of Kingdom books and ensure Kingdoms are reporting;
- Maintain the Kingdom Exchequer email list;
- Maintain the SCA-Exchequer email list;
- Notify Kingdom Exchequers of any changes in policy or procedure, including consulting with them to develop any necessary new policies;
- Maintain the various exchequer handbooks/manuals and republish them at least every three years;
- Maintain the various exchequer reporting forms and update them as needed;
- Serve as subject matter expert for questions from the Kingdom Exchequers as well as the general populace;
- Warrant Kingdom Exchequers and special deputies; and
- Communicate with banks where necessary.
The Society Exchequer receives a stipend for their services and
will receive a 1099 for tax purposes. Work load will vary but expect to put in an average of 15 hours per week.
Required for this position are: dependable email access; dependable phone access; moderate Microsoft Excel proficiency; moderate Microsoft Word proficiency; and the ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing, i.e. in person and via email, phone, and in written reports. Prior experience as an exchequer in the SCA is required; prior Kingdom Exchequer experience is highly desired. Working knowledge of SCA’s accounting procedures is necessary. Individuals with accounting backgrounds or training are highly desired.
A more detailed position description will be posted on the Society website in the near future.
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, together with modern and SCA qualifications, hardcopy to:
Society for Creative Anachronism
P.O. Box 360789
Milpitas, CA 95036-0789
with courtesy copies to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is April 1, 2020.