SCA Corporate Officers’ Biographies
John Fulton is retired and lives in Memphis, TN, with Leslie (his lovely and awesome wife).
Duke John the Bearkiller, KSCA, OP is a 12th Century brigand from Wales who somehow, someway blundered himself into respectability. He enjoys writing poetry, SCA ceremonies, and silly songs.
Vice-President for Operations (Society Seneschal):
Lis Schraer is a retired elementary school teacher. The majority of her teaching career was spent in providing enrichment programs for students identified as gifted and talented. She lives in an old house in St. Louis, Missouri, along with her long-suffering husband Erich and their elderly cat who enjoys having more staff than cats around. She likes to travel, especially in Europe, and has ambitions to do more of it once her husband also retires.
Baroness Elasait ingen Diarmata, OP, is a 10th-ish century Irishwoman married to a Norseman who somewhat confusingly inhabits an earlier century. Due to his success at viking and her skill at managing their holdings, she has been able to indulge her considerable taste for amber jewelry. She maintains an extensive fabric collection and occasionally turns some of it into garb. She particularly enjoys attending and shopping at the major wars, and can also often be found at the tournament field, running the list table.
Vice-President for Information Technology:
Aaron (Rusty) Lloyd is a Software Technology Professional living in Avon, IN. He tries to do as much SCA as he can while helping his Holy Saint of a Wife raise 2 kids and 3 cats.
Aaron Palomides of Buckminster (KSCA, OP, BCW, CE) is a late period knight searching for the one true Landsknecht. He is in service to his Lady, his Crown, and The Society. He loves fighting, making stuff, and doing stuff. He also believes that when in doubt, single malt scotch.
Vice-President for Corporate Operations (Registrar):
Renee Signorotti has worked for the SCA for 22 years. She has been married for 26 years (poor guy) and has two grown children. She is an avid (rabid) quilter and cross-stitcher. She trains Labrador Retrievers for obedience, field work, and therapy, and is currently doing canine therapy with autistic teenagers and orthopedically handicapped teens.
Maistresse Alysia Gabrielle de Fougeres
Gloria Woodard is a traveler who spends as much time as possible with her two children and three grandchildren.
Countess Honor of Restormel, OP is an 11th century Anglo Saxon.
Publications Officer webpage
Executive Assistant to the Board:
Leslie Luther-Fulton is a legal assistant working mainly with insurance defense. She lives with her husband John and their spoiled rotten doxipoo, “Ms. Honey”. Together she and John have a handsome son, Daniel; a lovely daughter-in-law, Katie; and, a 100-plus year old money-pit of a house in Memphis, Tennessee.
Countess Jane Falada of Englewood (OP) is a 14th century Liechtenstein dairy farmer’s daughter who currently resides in the beautiful river valley of Gleann Abhann. When not milking her cows, Falada enjoys working with natural dyes and colorants, doing embroidery and cooking.
Ms. Luther-Fulton can be reached by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board of Directors Biographies
Board of Directors Webpage
Directors’ Contact Info / Ombudsmen listings
- Craig Carter serves as Chief Operating Officer for the largest private radiology physician corporation in the U.S. He now resides in the great state of Texas (Dallas/Fort Worth area), but grew up and went to college in Las Vegas. Holding a degree in Nuclear Medicine, he forged his early career within that specialty. Throughout the following 25 years he has been employed at various levels of hospital and private radiology administration. Nowadays, when not struggling through the negotiation of seemingly endless health system contracts, he manages an incredible staff of dedicated administrators that support the radiology operations and processes for a sizable amount of the hospitals in North Texas. He is still head-over-heels for his incredible wife Jeanne, and is the proud dad of two incredible children (Jackson and Taryn).
[Mr. Carter has Board Seat E from April 2018 – October 2021]
- Duke Quintus Aurelius Dracontius was born of noble parents during the early Republican period. Upon reaching adulthood, he grudgingly accepting the responsibility of Roman military service and slowly rose within the ranks of his Legion. He eventually earned the rank of Tribunus Militum, surprising everyone…himself included. Not the most renowned military commander, he was subsequently stationed in far-flung Britannia. While exiled to that barbarian-filled bog island, he grew to particularly detest the cold climate (and necessity to don the terribly low-class braccae required to cover his freezing legs). He eventually won his transfer from that dreadful province and was finally assigned a military ambassadorship to the much more acceptable Mediterranean climate of Ansteorra. He hopes to retire in this post, passing the days training troops in the science of sword and scutum combat.
- John St. Dennis is currently the Manager of the Project Management Office of a global specialty chemicals corporation. His present responsibilities include project implementations all over the world. He is both a SAS programmer and dotNet application developer and plays D&D for fun. Better known in the theater world as John Saint-denis he has directed shows from children.s theater to Shakespeare including “Lion In Winter” and “Henry V.” He is also a past president and board member of Plays & Players Theater in Philadelphia.
[Mr. St. Dennis has Board Seat D from October 2017 – April 2021]
- Baron Lorcan Dracontius, OP was born sometime in the late 12th century Drogheda, in what was to become the Pale of Ireland. As he was a third son the family decided that he would enter the church as a profession. While the young Lorcan had scholastic talents, he had more of an interest in barding than priesting. As the Norman troops approached his home village during the invasion there was a traveling troop of minstrels performing a Mysterie for one of the church festivals. In the confusion of the attack, Lorcan ran off with the company. Eventually they made their way to England.
- Gigi Coulson, M.S. worked for the federal government for over 15 years as an interdisciplinary sociologist and biologist. She has experience in both qualitative and quantitative social assessments, environmental impact statements, diversity initiatives, program management, environmental justice, conflict resolution, policy creation, and training program development. She has a passion for sociocultural anthropology, living history, learning, and teaching. She is a complete Italophile and tries to visit Italy each year.
[Ms. Coulson has Board Seat A from October 2019 – April 2023]
- Mistress Giata Magdalena Alberti, OL is a late 15th-century Florentine living in Venice. She passes her time spending her condottieri husband’s money and entertaining the visitors of her father’s house in Venice by hosting weekly salons. Her hobbies include working on her herbal experiments, occasional hawking, mediating contests of skill and chance, and traveling to Mantua, Milan, and Ferrara to visit her friends at court.
- Natalie Degerstrom is an implementation project manager for athenahealth from Bangor, Maine. This is a recent shift in career paths as she has worked for 10 years in higher education with college students. She also spent three years coordinating volunteer and program development for the Girl Scouts of Maine. Additionally, Natalie has earned a Masters in Student Development in Higher Education from the University of Maine. When not enjoying our hobby she spends time with her loving husband Troy and their precocious daughter. Their favorite activities consist of cooking together, chasing the three year old around the dining room table, and going for drives to the sea or through the great Maine woods.
[Ms. Degerstrom has Board Seat G from April 2019 – October 2022]
- The Honorable Lady Saruca bint Lazari was born into a Roma family in the Sulukule settlement of Istanbul in 1554. She grew up with very little, but was determined to see the world. After a brief stint in the Ottoman army she boarded a boat of merry mercenaries. This is where she met her husband Morgan Faraday, once an English border reiver, now captain of a ship. Together they sailed for many years, during which time they had a daughter. Morgan grew tired of the sea and now stays home with their child while Saruca travels the world in search of riches and savory toasted cheese. When not on the ship you can find her marshaling on the heavy list field, drooling over ottoman textiles, and visiting with friends around fires.
- T.S. Morgan is a Project Manager for a Medical Software Company. He Lives in Southern California with his girlfriend Nancy and two dogs, Nikodemus and Ogedei. He has been active in the Society for 30 years, having started in the small shire of Grimfells in the Kingdom of Calontir. He now resides in the Kingdom of Caid.
[Mr. Morgan has Board Seat C from April 2017 – October 2020]
- Abd al-Hakim ibn abd al-Rahman Shaddad al-Tomuki (KSCA, Duke) is a farmer from a small village in the southern part of the Kingdom of Aksum, Ethiopia. Fearing religious reprisal, he left his homeland and made his way to Carthage in the late 1st Century AD. There he studied and learned various skills. He joined the Roman Army and was tasked with applying his knowledge of irrigation and farming for the Roman Empire to stimulate agricultural growth in northern Africa, Carthage.
- Dan Watson is an associate professor in Computer Science at Utah State University in Logan, Utah, where he has been teaching and performing research in parallel computing since 1993. He has worked for various research and development organizations throughout his career, including the Department of Defense at the Naval Surface Weapons Center in Dahlgren, Virginia, the U.S. Air Force Phillips Laboratory in Albuquerque, the Naval Research and Development Center in San Diego, and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Water Lab in Vicksburg, Mississippi. When not staring at a computer screen, he can often be found on the ski slopes of northern Utah or driving a tractor around the family farm in Tennessee.
[Mr. Watson has Board Seat F from October 2018 – April 2022]
- Sir Bartholomew Hightower is the second son of a Norman noble, who gained renown in the Norman conquest of Sicily in the early 12th century. Tiring of the bland Mediterranean diet of bread, cheese, fish, olives, and wine, he traveled far from his home, eventually settling in the high desert kingdom of Artemisia where he oversees the holdings granted to him by the Crown. There he sees to the training of the king’s soldiers, and whiles away the evenings playing music on one of several musical instruments he has acquired in his travels.
- Bart Roegner serves as the General Manager of a manufacturing company based in Sommerville, AL. Previously, he coordinated research on pediatriceye disease at the School of Optometry at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. His favorite thing about leadership is seeing people grow and develop over time. He lives just outside of Washington, D.C. with his incredible wife Megan, who is a postdoctoral researcher at the National Institute of Health. In addition to participating in the SCA, they enjoy playing D&D, watching football, cooking for each other, and hiking.
[Mr. Roegner has Board Seat B from April 2020 – April 2023]
- Count Barthelemy of Illyria is a former Eastern Roman cavalry commander. He was stationed on the eastern border, where he fell in love with a fierce warrior-chieftainess known as Oda. Together they fled the oppression of the corrupt local governor and eventually rose up against him. Oda and Barthelemy sacked the capital, routed the governor, and dispatched his lackeys. They then ruled over a time of peace and prosperity in their province before vanishing in extremely mysterious circumstances.
- Jennifer Krochmal is an attorney practicing in Washington, D.C. First admitted to the bar in 1997, she has been licensed to practice in 3 jurisdictions- Florida, D.C., and Maryland. As a career public defender in the mental health division, she has dedicated her life to protecting the liberty interests of indigent individuals diagnosed with mental illness or developmental disabilities. She has a passion to serve this often maligned and stigmatized population, providing a voice for those who cannot speak for themselves. Jennifer lives just outside Washington, D.C. with her loving and supportive husband Vladimir, and their feline companions
[Ms. Krochmal has Board Seat C from October 2020 – April 2023]
- Duchess Kalisa Aleksandrovna is a 14th-century noblewoman from Pereslavl, now living near Norgorod. After being rescued from the maurading Mongols by a charming Russian Duke, she found that she preferred life as a Duchess on his estates in the coutryside. Her love of justice has led her into situations where a noblewoman should not be, but she nevertheless perseveres. With a menagerie of felines, she treasures her friends and life in a home surrounded by woods filled with mystical unicorns and woodland creatures. She has a deep appreciation for the talented artists of the Knowne World and is always interested in visiting merchants showing her their wares.