Board of Directors
Members of the Board
Correspondence concerning a particular Corporate function, office, or kingdom can be sent to the director responsible for that area (see each director's ombudsman listing). To write to the directors as a group, you can send e-mail to email@example.com.
Mail for members of the Board may also be addressed to the
- Hal Simon has worked in history-based nonprofit organizations for the last 20 years, including 13 years as the Chief Curator of a 19th century living history village. He is currently the interpretation and exhibits planner for a state agency that manages twenty historic sites. Hal has been active in the Society for thirty years, and his 'other secret life' is in the 1860s. He lives in Austin, Texas with his partner of twenty years and an aged miniature pinscher who thinks she is Queen.
- Baron Edwin FitzLloyd (OP, OL) is a mid-16th century English Catholic noble
who finds himself suddenly caught in an all-too-Protestant world. Living in
reduced circumstances, and with a reputation as a fashionable dresser, his
biggest secret is that he is his own tailor.
- Ombudsman for: President, Society Seneschal, Corporate Office, Legal Committee, Financial Officers, Executive Assistant, Grants
- Mr. Simon can be contacted at 214-435-4491 (no calls after 9:00 pm CT) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Arthur Donadio is a partner in a small law firm. A former prosecutor, these days his practice consists almost entirely of criminal defense.
He lives in Southern Pines, North Carolina with his wife Tricia and son Benjamin. Arthur is the president of his county and
district bar associations, and is an enthusiastic but untalented golfer. He has been participating in the SCA in the Kingdom
of Atlantia for almost twenty-five years.
- Duke Cuan McDaige (KSCA, OP) is a 14th-century Anglo-Irish nobleman who, after soldiering in France with the English, entered the employ of Florence as one of Hawkwood's lieutenants. Inspired by Duchess Padraigin, Cuan enjoys armored tourney fighting, and dabbles in rapier and cut and thrust.
When the day's fighting has ended, he can generally be found where the music is.
- Ombudsman for: Heralds, Marshal, Atenveldt, Northshield
- Mr. Donadio can be contacted at 910-693-1959 (no calls after 10:00pm EST please) or via email at email@example.com.
- Lisa Czudnochowsky is a guidance counsellor in Toronto, Canada at an international baccalaureate high school.
She has taught in a wide variety of departments and schools over her twenty year teaching career,
but has primarily spent her time in Library, English, and Communication Technology at the junior high
and high school levels. Before becoming a teacher, Lisa worked in commercial production for a major
household goods manufacturer as well as in mobile production for live news broadcasts for a Toronto
television station. Lisa loves to read and travel in her spare time, has a not-so-secret love of
all things Disney, and adores completely spoiling her many nieces and nephews behind their parents' backs.
- Duchess Marion FitzWilliam (OP) is the daughter of a tavern maid on the Isle of Gigha and, unbeknownst to him, a visiting English lord. Marion grew up more than a little rough around the edges until her father found out about her and came to collect her when she was 10. From that point, she was forcibly educated in his castle with his legitimate children, as he had only sons and wanted a daughter to marry off for alliance purposes. That plan didn't work out too well for him, though, as Marion was abducted by Norse raiders while visiting her mother the summer before she was to be married. Since then, Marion has traveled the world with her Viking husband, playing den mom to his pack of unruly squires, and forcing them to pillage and attempt to take over the free world on her behalf.
- Ombudsman for: Arts & Sciences, Information Technology, Calontir, Drachenwald, Lochac
- Ms. Czudnochowsky can be contacted at
416-399-6811 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Denise Hundley is a Program Specialist for the federal government. Before her tenure with the federal government she worked for a major US Airlines for 15 years. Denise lives in Northern Virginia (20 miles outside Washington, DC) with her husband, young son and three cats. Denise enjoys travel, sewing and 5K fun runs.
- Countess Denise Duvalier (OP) has been involved in the SCA since 1997. One aspect that the Countess loves about the SCA is not being tied to one time period but enjoying all the historical time periods and their fashion.
- Ombudsman for: Grand Council, Ansteorra, Ealdormere, Gleann Abhann, Meridies, Trimaris
- Ms. Hundley can be contacted at 703-868-7880 or via email at email@example.com.
- David Keen is a Logistics Management Specialist for the federal government.
Before his tenure with the federal government he worked for a major defense contractor for 10 years,
following the completion of a 20-year military career.
David lives in Southern California (30 miles outside downtown San Diego) with his high school sweetheart and wife of 40 years.
David enjoys working on projects (always called his "birdhouse"), outdoor cooking and teaching, and enjoying the pleasure of the
company of others. He has been involved in the SCA since 1997 when his seventeen-year-old daughter asked him to take her "camping".
It is all her fault....
- Baron David of Caithness, OP is the second son of a minor noble in 12th-century north-eastern Scotland.
(At that time sovereignty over Caithness was disputed between Scotland and the Norwegian Earldom of Orkney.)
With little of the family estate available, he has made his way by offering his skills as a ship's navigator and
chief mate to those merchants and tradesman in kingdoms across the Knowne Worlde in need of getting their goods from here to there.
- Ombudsman for: Æthelmearc, Atlantia, East, Middle, YAFA Committee
- Mr. Keen can be contacted at 619-562-3099 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lisa May works as a vice-president and corporate counsel of a Fortune 150 company and spends her workdays negotiating complex commercial contracts and mediating disputes. Born in Texas, she moved to northern California, and after living within 20 miles of Milpitas for 20 years, she moved to Pennsylvania and promptly found the SCA. Two years later, she returned to Texas to go back to school and start a new career. She has two cats and a large, extended family (birth and chosen) and spends her time enjoying them, reading, and mucking about with various crafts
- Countess Margaret ni Conner is a 15th-century noblewoman, born to a son of the O'Connor Faly and the daughter of an
Anglo-Irish Lord. She's been widowed twice by warfare and has retired to the manor of her
late second husband, in which she has a life estate. She has wielded both spear and rapier to
defend her lands. She dabbles in the arts and has taken up lap harp, recorder, black-work,
embroidery, weaving, silk painting and jewelry-making in her time. She managed to hide all the
fun she was having for 18 years before they made her a Pelican, and she had to start attending
meetings. Just look where it's gotten her now.
- Ombudsman for: Publications (TI, CA, Webminister, Chronicler), An Tir, Caid, West, Additional Peerage Exploratory Committee
- Ms. May can be contacted at 214-384-3997 or via email at email@example.com.
- Max Nelson is the Vice President of Strategic Marketing Intelligence at one of the larger advertising agencies in the USA. He has over thirty years of experience providing strategic leadership, decision analysis, and planning support and implementation at a range of public and private organizations ranging from innovative technology startups through Fortune 50 corporations and the White House. He has been fighting in and serving the SCA since he was 14, across six Kingdoms and twelve Kingdom moves.
- Baron Maximilian Von Halstern is the squire-errant fifth son of an impoverished, though renowned, Eastern Duchy with little of the family estate available given the needs of his Ducal and Chivalric brethren. He has made his way by offering the services of his sword and generalship to those Baronies and Kingdoms across the Knowne Worlde most in need.
- Ombudsman for: Board Recruiting, Chirurgeon, Census Initiative, Artemisia, Outlands
- Mr. Nelson can be contacted at 703-577-0003 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Scott P. R. Berk , MD owns an integrative Family practice in New Jersey. He lives in rural northwest NJ with his wife and their dogs. He is an airplane pilot and certified flight instructor and an active member of his Masonic Lodge, and the Kiwanis & Rotary clubs.
- Baron Phillip Reed the Facetious, OP grew up in Lincolnshire, England c. 1200 A.D. Although his family stems from noble Anglo-Saxon lineage, the Norman conquest stripped all claims to his family's lands and titles. After leaving Lincoln, Phillip traveled around England, apprenticing to various healers, and eventually he found himself in Berkshire, England, where he lived the rest of his days in Reading. At events you will most likely find Phillip on the Archery range; if not there, he will be on the List field participating in heavy fighting, or administering first aid.
- Dr. Berk can be contacted at 908-319-1847 or via email at email@example.com.
- Andrew Coleman
- Ailgheanan mac Sithigh
- Mr. Coleman can be contacted at 615-962-0031 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Renee Signorotti has worked for the SCA for 22 years. She has been married for 26 years (poor guy) and has two grown children. She is an avid (rabid) quilter and cross-stitcher. She trains Labrador Retrievers for obedience, field work, and therapy, and is currently doing canine therapy with autistic teenagers and orthopedically handicapped teens.
Ms. Signorotti can be contacted at the Corporate Offices, 800-789-7486 or 408-263-9305 (Monday - Thursday 9:30 am - 4:00 pm PT)
Executive Assistant to the Board:
Leslie Luther-Fulton is a case manager and legal assistant for a small law firm in Memphis, TN. She lives with her husband John (alias "Sweetie Boo Boo"), their son Daniel Fusion, Boy of the Future, and Mr. Piddles the hampster, who got his name honestly. Leslie has been in the SCA since 1979, heaven help her.
Countess Jane Falada of Englewood (OP) is a 14th century Liechtenstein dairy farmer's daughter. She enjoys cooking, autocratting, and whupping up on her husband's squires with rolled-up newspapers.
Ms. Luther-Fulton can be reached by email to email@example.com.