CORPORATE POLICY XIX. DELEGATION OF INVESTMENT AUTHORITY POLICY
The Board of Directors is currently considering the following addition to the SCA’s Corporate Policy:
XIX. Delegation of Investment Authority Policy
The Board shall ensure that fiduciary responsibilities concerning the proper management of SCA, Inc.’s institutional funds are fulfilled through appropriate investment structure, internal and external management, and portfolio performance consistent with all policies and procedures. Based on the advice and recommendations of the Treasurer and its external fund manager(s), the Board shall approve investment policies and objectives that reflect the long-term investment-risk orientation appropriate to the organization. The Board may, at its sole discretion, create or eliminate committee(s) to advise the Board in furthering its duties and may select, appoint, and remove members thereto.
The Board hereby delegates supervisory responsibility for the management of its invested funds to the Corporate Treasurer, subject to the financial limitations specified in Corpora, as noted below:
- determine that institutional funds are prudently and effectively managed with the assistance of management and any necessary investment consultants and/or other outside professionals, if any.
- recommend the retention and/or dismissal of investment consultants and/or other outside professionals
- receive and review reports from management, investment consultants and/or other outside professionals, if any
- periodically meet with management, investment consultants and/or other outside professionals management, investment consultants and/or other outside professionals
- report to the Board (as needed) whether this policy, investment activities, risk management controls and processes continue to be consistent with meeting the goals and objectives set for the management of institutional funds
- execute such investment transactions as are necessary to ensure that SCA, Inc.’s investment portfolio reflects the asset allocation, investment-risk orientation, or other direction regarding the investment portfolio as has been established by the Board
Corpora in its entirety can be found here: https://www.sca.org/resources/document-library/govdocs/
Please email all commentary to [email protected] and use the title “Corpora – Investment Authority in the subject line. NOTE: Do not use attachments in your commentary. Attachments will cause your message to be marked as spam, and it will be bounced.
In lieu of email, commentary may be sent by US Mail, Postage-Prepaid, to:
Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc.
RE: Corpora – Investment Authority
P.O. Box 611928
San Jose, CA 95161
Commentary regarding this proposed Corpora change, whether sent by email or US Mail, must be received by the Board no later than September 15, 2023.
- September 23, 2023 Grey Niche Hosts the October Quarterly Board Meeting
- September 13, 2023 Issue 199 Pt 2 of the Compleat Anachronist Now Available!