Are you passionate about effective, accessible web sites and timely communication?
Do you want to ensure that SCA websites across the world are:
- easily found, and
Does the idea of working across the Known World to help others and to sustain the SCA’s internet presence bring you joy?
If you answered yes to these questions then the role of Society Webminister might be for you!
The Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) is seeking candidates for the position of Society Webminister.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervision and warranting of kingdom webministers
- Enforcing Society and Kingdom-level policies and guidelines
- Assist kingdom webministers in developing and enforcing kingdom-level guidelines for local SCA group websites
- Act as subject matter expert and resource regarding issues related to websites at the kingdom and local levels including technology, copyright and privacy-related issue
- Maintain communications with kingdom webministers to ensure both timely reporting from kingdoms and distribution of policies to kingdoms
- Report quarterly to the Information Technology Manager
- Experience as a SCA webminister; kingdom webminister experience highly desired
- Moderate to expert knowledge of web technologies (e.g. HTML, CSS, PHP, Java, ASP, web hosting, domain names
- Moderate Microsoft Word proficiency
- Thorough knowledge of webminister policies and procedures
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with all webministers and officers
- Dependable email and phone access
The Society Webminister is appointed by the Board but will report directly to the Information Technology Manager. The Society Webminister is warranted for a three-year term of service.
Electronic résumés (both professional and SCA related, including offices held and honors) should be sent to [email protected] and [email protected]
Hard copies may be sent to the attention of
The Board of Directors, SCA Inc.,
PO Box 611928
San Jose, CA 95161
Résumés must be received by June 30th, 2022.
- September 23, 2023 Grey Niche Hosts the October Quarterly Board Meeting
- September 13, 2023 Issue 199 Pt 2 of the Compleat Anachronist Now Available!