About Membership in the SCA
Paid membership in the SCA is not required for you to attend SCA practices, meetings, and events (although
members do receive a discount on event fees.)
Membership is a requirement for holding office in SCA groups,
and in some kingdoms, to take part in combat and combat-related activities,
and to receive awards.
Sustaining and International memberships
include a year's subscription to your kingdom's
newsletter, which contains kingdom news, announcements for events taking place in your area,
and local group contacts.
Associate and Family memberships
are available at a lower price.
Benefits of Membership
- Discounts on event admissions
- Membership card - by signing the waiver on the membership application, you can speed your check-in at events
by presenting your card instead of signing waivers at the door.
- SCA Publications - Sustaining/International members receive their kingdom's newsletter.
They can also purchase Tournaments Illuminated (the quarterly magazine of the Society), the Compleat Anachronist
monograph series, and the Board of Directors' Proceedings (Minutes).
- Voting privileges in your local group - the membership rolls are used when determining to whom to send pollings
on group matters.
Manage Your Membership
Log in to the SCA Membership website to:
- Print Proof of Membership letters
- Replace lost Membership cards
- Update your address, email, or phone number
- Add Family Members
- Add Publications
Member Services Office
Society for Creative Anachronism
P.O. Box 360789
Milpitas, CA 95036-0789
(800) 789-7486; (408) 263-9305
Office Hours: Monday - Thursday, 9 am - 4 pm Pacific Time
Fax: (408) 263-0641
available 24 hours/day, except after 12:00pm on the last working day of the month, for the month-end close.
Please check the FAQ
before e-mailing questions. E-mail is read during office hours. Please allow 48 hours for a response.