About the SCA
The SCA is an international organization dedicated to researching and re-creating the arts and
skills of pre-17th-century Europe. Our "Known World" consists of 20 kingdoms, with over 30,000 members residing in countries around the world. Participants, dressed in clothing of the Middle Ages and Renaissance, attend events which may feature tournaments, arts exhibits, classes, workshops, dancing, feasts, and more. Our "royalty" hold courts at which they recognize and honor members for their contributions to the group.
- Members of the press, radio, and television media interested in the activities of the
Society can contact the Media Relations Officer.
- Overview and description of the SCA
- "How did the SCA Start?", "How is the SCA Organized?", "SCA Combat", "SCA Names", "Rank in the SCA", "What kind of person joins the SCA?"
- SCA Newcomers' Portal
- An overview of activities in the SCA, with descriptions and many photos.
- Resources and Information for Newcomers
- brochures, guides, and advice for those new to the SCA
- For Site Owners -
- a guide to the SCA to Site Owners and Managers, for potential use of facilities
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the SCA - 877KB
- covers SCA Infrastructure, Rules, Officers, Membership, Events, Branches, Crown Tournaments, Royalty, Censure, Minors, Alcohol Policies, Contracts, Finances, and Problem Resolution.
- For questions or suggestions concerning the FAQ, please contact email@example.com