The Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. is seeking candidates for the position of Corporate Communications Officer, which will be a 3-year warranted term of service. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for external and internal communications from the Board of Directors and Corporate Officers. The position comes with a small stipend.
- Create, offer assistance, and curate posts, press releases, and official announcements from the SCA Board of Directors and its officers.
- Ensure the consistency of all official messages and announcements.
- Assist the President regarding SCA, Inc. branding issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in communications in an organization; nonprofit a plus.
- Proficient in WordPress and some knowledge of HTML preferred.
- Copywriting and editing ability.
- Expertise with social media and networking sites.
- A passion for, and commitment to, effective communication within the SCA.
- Organized, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Outgoing, energetic, and accepting personality.
- Internet/Telephone access
Applicants must be members of the Society in good standing and able to travel to Board meetings as requested by the Board.
Hard copies of résumés (both professional and SCA related, including offices held and honors) must be sent to the attention of:
Communications Officer Application
P.O. Box 360789
Milpitas, CA 95036-0789
Electronic courtesy copies should also be sent to email@example.com. The deadline for submissions is April 15, 2021.
Please send questions to John Fulton, President, SCA, Inc, at firstname.lastname@example.org.