Applications are now closed for this position.
Thank you to all who applied.
This is a trainee position for Society Seneschal/Vice-President for Operations and is a part-time position requiring approximately twenty plus hours per week.
The Society Seneschal is responsible for the planning and implementation of all game side activities. The Society Seneschal Elect will assist the Society Seneschal with all aspects of the job including, but not limited to:
- Correspondence with various individuals including, but not limited to all kingdom seneschals, royalty, and corporate level offices;
- Quarterly review of all Kingdom Seneschal Reports;
- Presentation of sanctions to the Board and oversight of investigations related to sanctions;
- Planning and organization of Kingdom Seneschals meetings via VoiP for purposes of training and communication; and
- Evaluation of documentation, and creation and implementation of Society policies as necessary.
The ideal applicant will possess strong communication skills and the ability to process and distill large amounts of information. Organizational and problem solving skills are essential, and good working knowledge of current SCA corporate documents and handbooks is a must. Kingdom Seneschal experience is preferred but not required.
Applicants must have word processing skills and access to the internet and basic office equipment. The ability to travel four to eight times a year, and participate in weekday evening conference calls is also required.
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, together with modern and SCA resumes, hard copy, to:
Society for Creative Anachronism
P.O. Box 360789
Milpitas, CA 95036-0789
and via email to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is April 1, 2020.
Questions about the position may be forwarded to John Fulton at firstname.lastname@example.org and Mike Watkins at email@example.com.