Position Available: Society Equestrian OfficerThe Society Earl Marshal is currently seeking candidates for the position of Deputy Society Marshal for Equestrian (a/k/a
"Society Equestrian Officer"/"SEO"). Applications for the office will be accepted through October 1, 2016.
The following information is requested:
The SEO's duties include the following:
- Professional resume
- SCA resume
- Cover letter with contact information
The successful candidate should have the following skills/competencies:
- Supervision of all Kingdom equestrian rules to ensure they adhere to current Society rules.
- Maintaining, updating and enforcing the Society rules for equestrian.
- Acting as a resource for Kingdom Equestrian Officers (KEOs) and all equestrian marshals throughout the Society.
- Acting as a resource for other Society and Kingdom officers for other combat disciplines when coordination is needed.
- Review and approval of experimental equestrian proposals which Kingdoms may wish to explore
- Administration of an electronic mailing list for KEOs.
- Regular reporting to the Society Earl Marshal and through him to the Board of Directors.
As easy accessibility is a vital part of this office's responsibilities, and as the bulk of the management of the office is done electronically,
a reliable internet connection is also required.
- Excellent communication skills: written, oral, and electronic.
- Ability to work with other Corporate, Society and Kingdom officers and deputies.
- Extensive familiarity with Society level equestrian rules, and good familiarity with armored, rapier, archery, and thrown weapon rules.
- Strong knowledge of the differences in equestrian "culture" between the various SCA kingdoms.
- Knowledge of current Society Equestrian policies and issues currently facing SCA equestrians.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with SCA Corporate and Kingdom structure.
- Availability to travel to large interkingdom events where equestrian are present (Gulf Wars, Estrella, Great Western War, etc.)
Please send your resumes and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, no later than October 1, 2016.